3.08.2005

Anderson Cooper

Let me join the three other people in this world who don't seem to care if Anderson is gay or straight.

I only ask Anderson (figuratively speaking) for one thing on the occasions I watch him (which is far less often since he's been on CNN, but used to stay up to catch him on ABC's overnight World News Tonight): that he inform me and not just hand me press releases from the White House.

In such dark times where we know so much true evil is going on, it's hard enough to care (sometimes) about my own sexuality, let alone that of a news anchor. Yet I keep hearing this about Cooper and comments like, "Why doesn't he just come out and say one way or another?"

Why should he? Is it your business? It's not mine. The only potential employer I had quiz me about mine (they apparently didn't hire gays) was one I immediately decided I didn't want to work for. It's just not relevant.

The only time I profess any interest in topics like this is when you have the Bush Administration hopping mad about gays only to keep handing Mary Cheney more lucrative government jobs and putting her and her female lover on public stages. Or Jeff Gannon. Or a whole bunch of other self-hating people who use their positions to a) persecute others who are the same while also b) using their positions to keep them from same persecution they hand out to others. The world's filled with examples like J Edgar at one extreme and people like Matt Drudge at the other.

I remember hearing Condi once as NSA director comment in some weird ass interview about how only heterosexuals could be assured of being well-adapted enough to handle top jobs. Condi - like Mary Cheney - is one of the world's worst kept secret lesbians. But I'm not even terribly interested in Condi's sexuality since she - at least in theory - isn't directly advocating strict policies against gays.

Anyway, I just took the world's record longest time to say on the subject of Anderson's hetero/homo/bi sexuality.... YAWN.