10.19.2004

Want to Stop Terrorism?

Well, retiring Tom Delay seems like a good start.

[Ed. note: Actually, retiring him to a brutal corporate-run prison where he's made the bitch slave of a huge, enraged, wildly muscled, erroneously imprisoned former Hells Angel cellmate named Bruno where Tom is made to scream, "I'm sorry for screwing you up the ass all these years, America," while Bruno has his way with him sounds pretty good, too.]

Additional Ed. note: Oops. Sorry. I blame the sodomy reference on Wonkette (she seems quite fascinated with it and I blame all this talk of Bill O'Reilly and the idea of him doing anything sexual with falafel (I LIKED falafel until this) for the fact that I feel far less threatened by male homosexual dark fantasy. But this could be rooted in my misspent youth; as teens, my friend Rusty and I were talking on the phone one night and we dared each other to talk dirty and when he did, I was like really horrified and speechless.

And this brings me to another point about sexual harassment. When you're the target of it, it feels - as with the really vile stuff coming out of my best friend's mouth that time - as if it comes completely out of left field. You immediately wonder what the hell you did to warrant that. Or at least, that was my reaction as a woman. Today, I realize the ridiculousness in that. But even today, if someone out of the blue (especially when it's someone I don't like or respect) approaches me hot, bothered, and not listening to the words "No Dipshit!"), it still crosses my mind. That kind of mindset is helpful to predators, of course.

The funny little thing about having minds is that even when we're confronted with a sexual situation, we can actually choose not to act upon it. Plenty of men get erections at physical stimuli but very few actually rape. Plenty of bosses entertain the idea of at least a flirtation with an underling (all sex involving some kind of power and power balance) but that's really about as far as it may go outside of a slight increase in sexual tension. Hmmmm... what was I saying again? Oh, btw, the comments being left on Amazon.com for O'Reilly's children's book ("The No Spin Guide to Taking Showers") are hilarious.
]