10.13.2004

Tonight's Debate

At different moments in the debate, I thought both candidates were holding their own (yes, I have a low expectation point for Bush). But I was aghast at the lying about health care, Pell grants, his continuing absurdity about abstinence and the economy, the lack of culpability on everything.

My favorite comment of the night comes from a reader on Atrios:

If I were Laura Bush, I'd be involved in and abstinence program, too!
I'd also concur with the people asking, "WTF are maternity group homes?"

As for people crying foul over Kerry raising Mary Cheney, I'm sorry, I realize that children are considered not fair game. But Mary isn't a child, she campaigns for her father, AND she holds a government position in an administration who wishes gays would just "get treated" and stop being gay. She's fair game. Not because she's gay. Because she's part of this crew. Bush and company created the double standards so they can't whine about the Democrats noting it.