10.12.2004

Mr. Bush? You Can Run But Not Hide

Even today, even at my age, even after having my teenage years dominated by the nastiness and corruption of power that was Watergate, I feel a pull to be respectful to the man who holds the desk in the Oval Office. But I'm afraid I simply cannot respect a man who has disrespected the country, its soldiers, the people of Afghanistan and Iraq, and the rest of the world.

You might be able to steal a win on November 2nd (but I still hold out hope that the American people won't let that happen, not again) but please be aware that come Judgment Day, your daddy isn't going to be able to pull in his Saudi pals to bail you out and God really is going to have a few things to say to you on that day. This time, it won't be just rhetoric to make up to please your real righty friends.

God will remember all those things you did, all the ways you hurt and lied in a way that was designed to give you whatever you wanted, to hell with the cost to others.

To borrow from what the TV character Maude used to say, "God is going to get you for that, Dubya."