7.25.2004

Now Can We Stop Talking About Lance Armstrong?

From CNN:

Lance Armstrong rode into history today by winning the grueling Tour de France for a sixth consecutive time. The Texan's record is all the more remarkable, coming just eight years after he was given less than a 50 percent chance of overcoming testicular cancer that spread to his lungs and brain."
The first five years, yes, I was bloody amazed that he did so well.

But it's been eight long years (Christ, I'm already over astonishment that a dolt managed to overcome the American electoral process four years ago) and Lance's "better living through pharmaceutical company endorsement" commercials creep me out (everything else he endorses is just overly marked up and tasteless).

Or perhaps I'm just grumpy because my work elsewhere is not going wonderfully. But still, it's a [bleeping] bike ride. Let's see how Lance does working for a living.