7.26.2004

"I'm the boss, see? I don't have to explain. I can do whatever I want."

That's the interesting thing about being president, Mr. Bush tells us.

Posted by Jack Dalton at Smirking Chimp:

"I'm the commander--see, I don't have to explain -- I don't need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the President. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation." (George W. Bush -- Washington Post, 11-19-2002)

By March of 2001, the Bush cabals power grab was more than evident to those paying attention. Who can forget Bush telling us, "[T]here ought to be limits to freedom," or [T]his would be much easier if this were a dictatorship, as long as I was the dictator" (Business Week OnLine, 7-30-01; Newsday, 12-18-00), and then there was, "I just don't understand how poor people think" (NY Times, 8-26-03). What does he mean by those statements? We'll never know (Ha!) as he doesn't "feel like I owe anybody an explanation." Out of the mouth will always come what is in one's heart!

On March 25, 2001, the Washington Post ran an article which quoted White House officials as saying, "President Bush is "quietly" building the most conservative administration in modern times, surpassing even Ronald Reagan in the ideological commitment of his appointments."