6.22.2004

Voice of Jihad

This is the site through which Al Qaeda is supposedly speaking. However, I can't seem to find the URL.

Frankly, I'm not quite sure I want to find it. I found the Saudi footage of their dead terrorists almost as disturbing as I expect I'd find pictures of the violence being done to contractors, civilians, and military personnel.

I obviously join everyone who is horrified by what they're doing. Unfortunately, I'm horrified by a lot of what the U.S. is doing as well, and I don't think we can afford to shrink from learning as much as we can from ALL sides in this matter. The site garnered more interest from me when they disclosed that Saudi security forces allegedly helped in the abduction of Paul Johnson, who was beheaded last Friday. It makes me wonder what else they may be saying. Do I expect to find the truth there? Not anymore - or sadly much less - than I find from our own government-sanctioned news agencies. Propaganda is propaganda.

If anyone has a reliable URL for this site, I'd appreciate you sharing it with me. Email is fine if you'd prefer not to place it in public comments.