6.24.2004

Michael Moore Rapid Response Team

I fully understand while Michael Moore would have assembled a team to try to defend criticism and censorship of the movie because every right-sided nut has been trying to close this down since we heard anything more than the premise of the movie.

But Chris Lehane, a Democratic operative with some controversial history in recent months during the Dem primary, strikes me as an uncomfortable choice for part of that team. Oh, sure, the far right doesn't care what nutcase defends their positions (Joe "there's a dead aide in my office but really, I was planning to leave congress anyway" Scarbrough, "Loony" Noonan, Oliver ("I pray to my God, Ronald Reagan, ever morning when I take a military issue poop"), and Annthrax Coulter, to name a few), but I would think there are more credible people to help defend the film and the verbal (and other) assassinations that will follow from the right.

Chris struck me as a bit of a left wing loon, if not simply a self profiteer.

Now, he may not really be that at all. But that's how he struck me and I was sorry to see his name attached to the Moore team.