5.29.2004

Timing is Everything

Ever notice that bad news always strikes at the worst possible time? Car breaks down on Christmas Eve, you get hit with a surprise bill just after you've had to spend a great deal of money elsewhere?

Tonight, just as everything was beginning to close for the long holiday weekend, I got a note from my doctor telling me I had to have a CT scan ASAP (next week now, of course) because a lung mass had been seen on recent chest X-rays.

Logically, I know it's just scar tissue from an illness last year that just had not been documented before now. Emotionally, however, I keep staring down at my chest, thinking about this 65 mm. round mass in my left lower lobe, and driving myself nuts with the loathesome possibilities. It's going to be a L-O-N-G weekend. So forgive me in advance for any extra snarkiness on my part.

This time next week, I'm sure I'll return to my usual cheerful bitchiness, already in progress.