5.10.2004

Faith Without Doubt = Moral Arrogance, Ignorance

That's one of the clear messages from this Joe Klein piece in Time, The Perils of a Righteous President.

Exactly. I don't care what faith a person is (or isn't). One thing any sane person must acknowledge is that we (if we're fortunate, and most of us are) arrive on this planet with a brain and free will. If you believe, you have to use your brain and that free will accordingly or you denegrate what you supposedly believe in.

Unlike President Bush and notable others who claim the Almighty talks to them regularly, God doesn't talk to me. He (or She) doesn't tell me what to do. In those dark moments when I practically beg for a few choice words from that greater power, the only information I get back is "I gave you a brain. Use it!"

Thus, I'm just a tad distrustful of those who would like us to believe they're right because "God told me so." An incredible amount of evil has been done by those who claim they're on a mission from God.. or Allah... or Jehovah... or or or