5.14.2004

About Chris Matthews

Granted, I haven't read former Ambassador Joseph Wilson's new book yet about Plame-gate and the Niger "yellow cake" affair, but I heard something new today: on "Democracy Now" this morning, Joe Wilson said Chris Matthews told him that Karl Rove divulged Wilson's wife name to him specifically as a CIA operative.

Before this, I've only read that certain journalists - unnamed - agreed that Rove or someone near the top at the White House had said Wilson's wife, Valerie Plame, was fair game. I'd love to hear whether Chris Matthews will address this himself, but as I recall, he's been missing from some of his Hardball shows this week. I also don't see Wilson's interview today referenced on any news sites.

Has anyone read Wilson's book already who can tell me if Wilson identified Matthews and others there?