4.29.2004

Not a Mickey Kaus Fan

It always amazes me at the ire Mickey Kaus draws.

Yes, he's rather a poor writer (yet gets paid reasonably well for the honor).

Yes, he doesn't seem like one of the great brain trusts of all times (and yet he's rather famous/infamous in the pundit/scribe realm).

Yes, for someone who calls himself a Democrat, he seems to spend an incredible amount of energy going after Dems almost exclusively. Sorta like that really strange woman on Faux News (Esterhaus, is it?).

But call me irresponsible, call me whatever, I simply don't read him. Oh, yeah, I read a lot of work by people who do not share my own visions of how the world should be (I learn from some, shout at others).

Yet Mickey has never struck me as anything other than a colossal waste of bandwidth. I don't see what he adds to the debate. I can't even comprehend why anyone has him on the payroll, let alone pays any attention to him whatsoever.

Heck, I'd even hazard a guess that if we all collectively ignored him, Kaus would dry up and blow away.