7.08.2005

Why We Can't Stop the Battle

A friend who regularly reads here although he doesn't post IMed me this morning. He was disappointed, he said, because he found I continued posting on the debacle in Iraq and Afghanistan, the outing of CIA operative of Valerie Plame (and don't listen to the GOP talking point lies that she was not; her outing endangered many in the field beyond her) and Karl Rove's involvement, and many of the other issues I often write about.

As I tried to explain yesterday, although not in any detail, I awoke to news of the British blasts and, having a couple of friends in downtown London, I spent the first part of the day quite upset.

A part of me said to cool it - to only address London and none of the rest.

But a louder part of me says that yesterday happened, at least in part, because of the disastrous trajectory this administration has set us upon, one we have seen fail again and again since they embarked on it on 9/12/01, the day after our own attacks.

We don't have the luxury of days off, as Mr. Bush takes so freely, because people are still fighting and dying in Afghanistan, and Iraq, and many other places where the so-called War on Terror is being waged and lost. Nor can we let another fixed election take place, either in 2006 or 2008. Nor can we stand by and grieve for London without also working to stop some of the worst behaviors of this group.

Sorry, but I think that if we had already impeached our King George, perhaps there would not have been a string of blasts in London. So I will post on a day like yesterday just as I post when I'm on 12 deadlines and when I'm depressed.