6.09.2004

The Last Words of Ronald Reagan

A piece of Spam seems to be running about the last couple of days, with a link - but no identifying information - allowing you to read the last words of the former president.

Now, I don't go to sites that don't identify themselves, so I've found myself wondering what his last words may have been (I mean, considering he was 93 and in end-stage Alzheimer's).

Could it be....

    When you finally kick Jr. Bush's butt out of the White House, give 'im one for the Gipper.

    I think I did the right thing ignoring AIDS.

    I supported Saddam when I was president, and I'd still support him today. Noriega, too.

    I know you people all thought I was one of you, but the truth is... heh... heh... I'm richer than God. Oh yeah, and the red hair is still natural.

    The Bushes always were a low-class, whiny bunch. Why do you think we never invited 'em over? I mean, they knew what I did for drugs by starting Nancy's "Just Say No" program, yet Jr. was scoring cocaine during his daddy's inauguration.

    Can't do anything to me now about Iran-Contra, can you? Heh.

    Go away now, Mommy's gonna read to me again.