6.08.2004

If Patience is a Virtue, I Fail This Category

After waiting a week for my CT scan to determine the nature of one and possibly two masses in my lung, then close to an additional week to get the results, I learned today that a problem is going to keep me from knowing the actual results for at least an additional week. Ouch!

While I'm sure the actual results will turn out to be nothing, I'm losing the "put a good face on" measure to the test of time. The secondary results so far have been: several holes I've kicked into things, I'm up to a 2 pack of bubblegum a day habit, the dog is getting tired of being brushed every two hours, and I keep staring at the few bottles of alcohol on our bar wishing alcohol didn't make me so depressed (otherwise, there would be no bottles of alcohol on my bar.