2.02.2004

Look at the Kerry Issue

Related to my recent posts about the GOP really wanting to make it seem like it's Kerry they're worried about the president going up against, take a look at Robert Novak's recent columns. All of them talk about a "worried mood" for Bush's people because of Kerry.

And I believe this as much as I believe that there really was all this intelligence about WMD in Iraq that "fooled" Mr. Bush into believing it and as much as I believe Mr. Novak only inadvervently outed CIA operative Valerie Plame (and certainly not as retribution for her husband, former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, exposing the Niger yellow cake fraud).

What I haven't figured out yet is why they (GOP operatives) actually want Kerry more than Dean. I see some weaknesses Kerry could be hurt by, but some strengths, as well.