2.02.2004

The FCC

It's amazing. The FCC was freely willing to begin actions to take the airwaves out of the ownership of the American people and place them into mega corporate hands, but Michael Powell (Colin's son and head of the FCC) supposedly sees most of a breast on the SuperBowl yesterday and he goes ballistic, demanding Congressional action and a complete investigation into Janet Jackson's SuperBowl performance. His chubby little butt has never moved so swiftly, probably in his entire life.

This stinks of politics.

Now, I don't care for Justin Timberlake (who looks like a creep) or Janet Jackson and I certainly wouldn't watch the SuperBowl. But considering what corporations dish up to us each and every day through TV, I'm sorry - I don't get the big deal. Are the scantily clad cheerleaders indicative of supreme family values? Was it any better for Colin to watch that Charmin commercial with toilet paper hanging out of a player's pants?

I'm far more concerned with the massive admin spin placed on the evening news every night than I am about Janet's breast. We all have them (breasts), you know.