2.14.2007

Bush's Blustering Press Conference Today

Since I couldn't catch anything useful on TV today, I saw the president's press conference which sums up as:

"Are you people stupid? I haven't said we're gonna attack Iran and, since I'm the big cheese and the deciderer and I got the massive cojones
(and you don't or you wouldn't let me skate on a tenth of the crap I pull),
I get to say when and where.
And where do you get off questioning
ME?
What the fuck do you think this is, a friggin' democracy or somethin'?
You should damned well know better than that by now.
Oh yeah, and remember - address me as Your Royal Highness!
Failure to do that's gonna get your ass disappeared into Gitmo!
And, oh yeah, God bless me 'cos you can't spell America without me."

Right. He told us right up to the launch of the Iraq war that he wasn't necessarily going to war there either (and four deadly years later...).

Read Cernig's Newshog summary of Bush's words.