1.12.2007

They're Watching Us: Not The Bushies; The Rest Of The World

As I said, I'm not talking about the Bush Administration. They know when we pee even if they couldn't pick Osama bin Laden out of a crowd at a Munchkin reunion.

No, I've noticed myself and in talking with other bloggers today that this week, the world is coming more and more to American blogs, big and small. In the last several days, this little blog has had visitors from Turkey and India, Mexico (fairly rare for so close), Wales, Kazakhstan (I'm not spelling it right and no, they didn't come here for Borat!), strange bedfellows like Iran and Israel, China and Korea, plus other countries I have never seen come in here.

What most seem to be looking for is what Americans are prepared to do in light of Bush's renewed surge of empire.

At this point, watching what we have already allowed, I imagine most expect us to piss and moan a bit but simply let the Boy King George have his way again. Perhaps they laugh, too, at how many of us like to talk about our revolutionary roots while we sink back in our comfy chairs in our homes heated by Middle East oil - and blood.

Arise. Say no to empire. Say no to a perpetuation of Bush's ego through the bloodshed of our soldiers and the world.