10.01.2006

Wow! What's a Big Newsflash: Rumsfeld Refuses To Resign

When I saw this on MSNBC tonight as breaking news, I laughed so hard my ribs almost came out of my mouth. Now, there is more than humor there, of course. Rumsfeld has done such an amazingly horrendous job that the "funny" here is limited.

But, like Bush, Rumsfeld simply never sees any reason to re-think any orders he gives or any policies he designed, no matter how bad the results. Admit a mistake? Oh please. Says he's sorry? What planet are you sitting on? Which makes Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld the perfect Bushie.

Yet, let me say that we are really so far past - at least two or three wars past, in fact - a point where Rummy should resign as head of the military. Get fired, OK... but what he truly deserves is his own little Nuremburg trial, at the very least.