9.18.2006

This "No Fresh Spinach" Nutcase

Now, I won't tell you to eat your spinach... although I'll certainly eat mine.

And I'll tell you why.

It matters very much WHERE and from WHOM you get your fresh spinach.

Many more commercial farmers - for reasons that are almost entirely economic - are spreading raw sewage on their fields. Now... I'm not saying any of the so-called "organic" farmers selling to Wal-Mart would do this. ::cough::cough:: But you can damned straight imagine some corporate farms do. Again, I'm not saying a place like Dole would do this, but then, I would never eat anything that came from a company that did to Hawaii what Dole did.

But I suspect that if you shop outside a big place like Wal-Mart in a store that deals directly with its providers (and not faceless middlemen), the farmers, you can each your spinach quite safely. A true farmer - organic or not - knows that you cannot spread shit on your family's survival and ... you know, survive.