9.21.2006

I Don't Buy George Allen's Story About His Sudden Loving Embrace of His Jewish Mother and Grandparents

Y'know, I can't think for the life of me why it's always such a huge shock to people that they have Jewish lineage. It shouldn't be. I would think it's every bit as much to be proud about as anything else. Hell, I'll trade one of my two US Supreme Court justice ancestors or the ancestor who signed the Declaration of Independence for an Einstein, a Noam Chomsky, or the endless other distinguished Jews (including those whom I know today).

But I'm sorry, Washington Post story about his mommy aside, I do NOT buy Allen's story about suddenly, at his age, sitting down and having this oh so heartwarming talk about his silly-named grandparents who - oops, were Jews - and how he (wipe a tear) loves his mommy anyway.

Virginia? If you haven't figured it out yet, George Allen is one hell of a big macaca that needs to get flushed ASAP. Find a very large toilet. Pick him up by his Hair Club for Men hair plugs. Drop Allen in and flush him down.

Then elect a human senator, s'ok?