3.25.2006

One for Your Book List

Having heard him speak several times now, I think I feel comfortable in recommending Kevin Phillips' "American Theocracy".

For those who don't know him, he's a rather cranky conservative and former GOP strategist. But he's also a rather strong critic of the Bushies with some very good reasons cited. The other day, I heard him say that Bush might make a fairly ok second vice president of a second-rate bank in Amarillo, but certainly not commander in cheat. Phillips is a good example of the many traditional conservations who feel as waylaid by this president as progressives, liberals, and anyone with a brain do.

Buzzflash is offering this book as one of its premiums. If you don't get it there, I highly recommend your local non-chain bookstore (which will make me even more beloved by Amazon, I'm sure). There's also your neighborhood library which is where I'm requesting a copy to read.