3.22.2006

FARC, the DOJ's Latest Lark

Well, now we've declared war on the war on drugs, I think. Bush's other favorite lapdog, Gonzalez, announced today that we're going after leaders of FARC, the Colombian rebel group which he claims is responsible for more than half of the cocaine available around the globe.

But this is another situation that is only black-and-white to the Bushies. FARC exists largely because of our schizophrenic war on drugs and the devastation we've brought to Colombia in its wake. In fact, we've made a mess here with the war on drugs and brought death and destruction to Mexico and every country south of it because of same.

Now, you won't find me defending anyone who markets cocaine. I think it's one of the most life-destructive drugs out there - and Mr. Bush of all people should know this; rumor is this was his nose candy of choice. But considering that I can't believe a single word that comes out of Gonzalez's pampered mouth and I know we have never taken responsibility for the mess we've created in Colombia, I'm not at all sure FARC is the terrible bad guy here. There is just too much not known.