2.19.2005

A Rare Invitation

I've mentioned here that I've been working on a novel about three families in north central Vermont affected by war. It's not my usual venue nor is it a war novel per se.

However, I'm really too close to the work to know whether it's honest, of value, etc. So while agents are asking to look at it - which means possibly that publishers may start to see it soon - I thought I would ask if anyone within this reading audience might be willing to read and critique a few chapters.

Please don't feel obligated. I don't have a shortage of readers willing (thankfully), but many know me too well personally that it may be harder for them to see beyond me as the author. And I'll be honest upfront that not all the feedback is wildly positive (some is, some is not). Nor is this book meant to change people's politics regarding this war; rather, it's an attempt to show how lives are being affected here in Vermont - the state who has given the most young men and women to this war, and lost the most per capita because of it - and look at the divisions created by it.

If you are honestly interested and have the time (and can read Word files), drop me a mail at katejchase at intergate.com. Let me know when you write how many chapters you feel you could comfortably read in a week's time.

All I ask - besides your time - is your honest criticism as a reader. You don't need to be a literary critic.

Thank you.