5.21.2004

Speechifying

Today, we heard that - to change hearts and minds - Mr. Bush is going to give a major speech on Iraq each and every week for the foreseeable future. Um... so?

Any of you reading this can already tell exactly what he'll say:

    * We're gonna stay the course
    * I'm proud to be commander in chief (it's much better than that Texas reserve gig I had in the 60s where they bleepin' expected me to show up before 10 in the mornin')
    * Iraq's so much better off now (I'm a much better lookin' despot than that Saddam guy who wanted to off my Daddy)
    * Our troops are just great (and they won't mind if I cut more benefits away from 'em to give to my rich pals)
    * If you're not totally suckin' up to me, you're with the terra-ists
    * The Iraqi people know we got good hearts (and if they think otherwise, I got some people at Abu Ghraib who're gonna convince 'em otherwise)
    * Oh yeah, and a vote for John Kerry's like havin' Osama over to dinner