5.21.2004

Pay Attention to Ahmed Chalabi

I suspect the subject of Ahmed Chalabi - the raid this week, the theories about whether he really passed information to Iran about US operations, his unhappiness with Bushco, and why he's being targeted now - will be a big issue on the Sunday politico talk show circuit. I believe at least one program will have him on for a chat.

As I said yesterday, Chalabi might actually become useful (perhaps for the first time), if he begins to shed some light on the runup to war and the operation of Iraq since then.

Tonight, I heard Bushco is planning to only allow John Negroponte administer money for the Iraqi gov't following the much-discussed turn over of power on June 30th. I'm sure that will go over as well as a lead balloon in a stiff wind.

I mean, we made al Sadr the most popular man in Iraq, rousing him from obscurity, by targeting him.