4.16.2004

CNN Poll Tonight

I'm not a big poll person, because there are so many ways to sway the answer or to make it almost impossible for a thoughtful person to answer.

Examples:

    Do you have a problem with "God" being used in the classroom, on money, and in the courts?
    uh...
    Will you vote for Arnold Schwarzenegger?
    For what? If governor of California, no... and only partly because I live in Vermont. For president? Sure, he'd make a great president of the "I'm smarter than I look" Club or the one for men with IQs exactly matching their neck size.
    Should moth balls be banned?
    Excuse me?


But CNN's tonight is one that's provocative and also a bit hard to answer, at least in some respects. The question: should images of American hostages be broadcast? Clearly, this is in reference to the 20-year-old Batavia, OH private.

However, while I don't like the see anyone exploited and I ache for the guy - and Hamill and others - every time I see or hear about him, we do have to see these images. Especially those of GIs and civilians because we placed them there (the GIs specifically and the civilians.. well... we brought war to them). We have to see the effects of what we've done.