4.18.2004

Bush Ads

If you're a regular watcher of CNN and MSNBC - it may also be the case on Faux but I just can't bring myself to watch them since 9/11 - you can't help but notice all the Bush ads. I mean, they're constant.

Now, I don't watch TV constantly nor do I watch CNN and MSNBC exclusively, but in a two day period (and I know I missed some), I saw 17 Bush ads. The irony is the one about "some people have so wacky ideas about energy". In it, the Bush folks criticize John Kerry for wanting to institute a 50-cent-a-gallon tax addition to discourage people from driving as much. I don't believe the act is actually factually correct - what a surprise - but even if it is:

Mind you, Dick - I put the Hell in Halliburton - Cheney just appeared before a refinery industry association saying that we can't delude ourselves into thinking low gas prices are good for America. Dick would love to see $3 and $5 a gallon prices after November's election and especially in the blue states.

The difference between Kerry and Cheney on this is that Kerry proposes increasing the cost for specific purposes, while Cheney just wants to line his own personal pocket and that of all the fatcats who support his re-selection (why is it I feel we might get up with the Supremes involved again?).