7.06.2006

Another Politician Who Wouldn't Know Public Service if it Bit Him

Another pol piss point: last night I was watching Hardball (I know, I get what I deserve for my poor choices) when I noticed the crawl say something like:

Happy Birthday from Hardball to Rep. Bob Ney who tells Hardball
he'll run for re-election even if indicted!

Gee, what's wrong with that?

Ney, a 6-term Reprehensible from Ohio's 18th district, is part of the Abramoff lobbying-free money scandal and there seems to be substantial evidence he's pretty damned dirty. And, while granted indictment is not conviction, isn't it just special that he feels entitled to hold his seat regardless of the crap he's done?

Ney is clearly part of the Tom DeLay/Karl Rove new breed of Reprehensible who feels that laws and ethics do not apply to them and feels obligated to make any legal action against them work to their advantage. While Washington may not seem to know better, it's high time for the American people to prove them wrong.

Dem, Rep, Indy or out-to-lunch, trash should be taken to the dump.