5.02.2006

Skippy's Blogtopia!


I'm not quite sure I understand exactly what the fuss was about when Skippy (of Skippy the Bush Kangaroo fame) tried to contribute to advertising to help defray costs of the YearlyKos event and why the publication's people had such a problem letting Skippy identify himself the way he wished to except that - probably like many of you - I have noticed that a little bit of notoriety among some bloggers seems to go to their heads (I am not talking about skippy, who remains the same lovable 'roo he has always been).

But I do know this - Skippy definitely coined the phrase blogtopia as a nice alternative to "the world of blogs" and the "blogosphere" and I am pleased as punch (that's punch, not Krazed Konservative Kool-Aid) to be part of Skippy's version of blogtopia.

I also don't feel that having a huge number of hits or getting oneself constantly invited to political shindigs and having one's picture taken endlessly with political hacks necessarily makes a blogger a Master of the Universe (since even in the progressive end of blogtopia, only the male bloggers matter it seems).

But then, I'm just a female blogger so what do I know? ::cough::