9.15.2005

Trailing Edge: Pissing into a Swirling Wind

[Ed. note: I think it is fundamentally unfair that men are designed in such a way that they can be far more expressive with their urine than we can. But then, our parts don't get stuck in the zipper. But this is a serious matter noted below.]

From our good friend DR at TrailingEdgeBlog:

Right-Wing Myths About Katrina, DebunkedThere are a lot of right-wing myths about Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. ThinkProgress has created this guide to help you set the record straight.

(My Comments)It breaks my heart that I am getting e-mail (from some of the people whom I care for very much) that depicts the stranded school buses in New Orleans after Katrina struck and the levees failed. These indicate that Mayor Nagin should have used the inoperable vehicles to transport the poor and infirm out of the affected area.

Now the same people are sending me talking points about how the blame should be assigned to the local officials of the storm ravaged area. I am beyond shaking my head at this point…I am full of wonder that intelligent people will pass on this type of e-mail without doing a lick of research before hand.

In the hope that some will take the initiative to click on the link above, and read the material with an open mind…I hereby promise to throw water on any politician that happens to burst into flame in my proximity with an equal sense of urgency to that recently displayed by FEMA in the Gulf Coast region.