2.04.2005

This Fellow at MSNBC Needs to Get Out More"

As expected, MSNBC offered Tucker Carlson his own show. Ick. Ugh. Urm.

From the Wash Post talking about Carlson:

"He is without a doubt one of the sharpest minds and best writers in this business," said MSNBC President Rick Kaplan. "His passion and enthusiasm are both energizing and remarkable. He is truly a pleasure to work with."
My God. I've seen more remarkable wits at the bottom of my soup bowl.

I keep wondering if Michael Jackson has ever invited Carlson, with his perenially 80s sense of preppie boy style and his signature hair replacement and bowtie, over to Neverland Ranch for an afternoon of magic. Perhaps this explains Carlson's huge overcompensation in ways like having 4-5 kids in almost as many years (see? really, I'm virile!) and his attempts to sound like an intelligent wingnut (oxymoron, anyone?).