2.02.2005

Announcing My Candidacy for the Pope

I hope JP2 all the best, but just in case, I'm tossing my hat (actually, I only have a Siberian snowcap) into the smoke ring to be the next Pope.

Here are some of my strong points that should be considered by the Papal College:

    * I'm a woman (and it's high time for a Popette)
    * I promise to loot Vatican City and send the money back to the parishioners who've funded all their gold and precious art treasures
    * I'll get rid of the silly hat and Vatican City; we'll run the Church from Jersey City or someplace
    * I'll sell the PopeMobile to Michael Jackson or Arnold S or some dipshit like that to start funding programs for those who were abused by priests
    * I'll keep the Latin (I like Latin) but dispense with a bunch of the "great mystery" that's just a way for the current Papal system to commit egregious acts outside of public scrutiny
    * I'll personally spank some sense into Antonin Scalia
    * Think "women" priests and "married" priests
    * Think training and evaluating priests so the molestation shit doesn't happen
    * This teaching poor people that contraception's a bad thing's gonna stop
Oh, I've got a lot more, but there's my smarting platform.