10.28.2004

Giuliani: Blame American Troops, Not Bush

See, when I heard Rudy say this I was sure I was mistaken (it was 7 am and I'd been up sick and working til 3:30 AM) but apparently I'm not. This is from Wonkette, but you can find similar versions elsewhere (CNN has avoided it):

Rudy Giuliani actually blames the troops for Al-Qaqaa. "No matter how you try to blame it on the President, the actual responsibility for it should be on the troops that were there. Did they search carefully enough?" Later, he realizes he botched it and reverses course. Compares the Iraq war to the Civil War and WW2, says capturing Saddam Hussein makes it a remarkable success. Uses the word "nuisance" about 10,000 times. I Cannot Believe He Said: "I want to see us successfully finish what the terrorists started in New York City. George W. Bush will do that." Bush will knock down the rest of the skyscrapers in New York?
Nice, Rudy. Real nice.