9.05.2004

Delusions of Fatherhood

Andrew Card, White House Chief of Stiff, says Mr. Bush sees the US as a 10-year-old child in need of a strong parent and he's the parent.

Now that I've stopped cursing, let me just say this. I've seen the twitcakes he raised and I'm not really confused George and Babs did such a bang up job. The only way they could fight their way out of a paper bag was a) if the bag was damp b) the Secret Service cut a starter hole for them and c) outside the bag awaited a sufficient quantity of alcohol and those little drugs you and I would do jail time for.

Kerry called this remark condescending. Sorry, John. Condescending doesn't even BEGIN to do justice to this.

You know, we heard when Bush and company were moving the Clintons out that "the adults were back in town." If they're adults, God help us. And Bush is NO father figure.