8.10.2004

The Scott - Laci Peterson Case Revisited

A couple of people sent rather angry Email tonight about my posting and, while I'm not inclined to donate much time to the subject, let me elaborate a wee bit.

Yes, Scott sounds like a real skunk. But being a skunk, by itself, does not make one a wife killer. The physical evidence in this case is less than sterling (Court TV's Nasty... er... Nancy Grace's venomous rants aside: this woman's issues have issues) from what we've heard so far.

Nor do I buy all Amber Frey said today on the stand. Professional victims just don't get much respect from me and the number of times she's been involved in questionable relationships does not make her a great judge of character, IMHO.

I'm tired of hearing about people being convicted because jurors and the public get so worked up about the circumstances of a case. It's one thing to have an opinion. It's another to indict and convict someone just because you don't think the person did the right things in other areas of his/her life.

Show me some proof Scott did it and I'm fine with his conviction. But tell me he happened to be boating in the area and he's a skunk, and I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that he killed her.