3.31.2004

Followup to the Other

I was just listening to journalist Robert Fisk speaking on Democracy Now about the two sets of casualties today I posted about before. The picture he paints is very grim. Bodies purposely hung upside down over bridges, a body dragged through the streets, one body on fire, another being pushed around without its head.

One set of casualties are American military apparently, the other civilian contractors.

This is what Bush is praising himself for?

I know that if I were a family member - and remember, more than just our military is there; many from this country unable to find work to support themselves are taking jobs with subcontractors to Halliburton, et al, and get sent there - of anyone in there, I would be even more rocked by this than I am. And I'm pretty devastated now. Can you even begin to imagine what it's like to live there?