2.22.2004

Just Say No to Arnold

I'm underwhelmed that I can agree with Arnold Schwarzenegger on anything; in this case, it's the matter of allowing those born outside of the U.S. the ability to run for and serve as president.

However, much as I feel it's time to remove the brakes on that one, Arnold certainly would not be my first choice to break that particular barrier. I suspect he's not as dumb as many of us like to think, but one of the worlds' greater minds, he's not.

I think the only thing Arnold's managed to do in his four or five months in office is a) cut all programs for the poor b) grab as much cash as possible from special interest groups, far ecclipsing that of the man he replaced (and on a message of Sacramento needs to change) c) decided there needed to be no investigation into himself for groping and d) announce that the roof should be rolled back on the state house so that he can smoke cigars with his male cronies.

Arnold rode in on a popular wave and then set about abusing the same things that people hated in Gray Davis. That's reprehensible. The people of California should be sending this oversized sausage back to his mansion and his Maria.