2.06.2007

A Bleeding Heart With Bleeding Hands (Literally!)

Sorry I've been so quiet the last few days.

The Siberian Express rolled back into Vermont on Saturday (and mind you, it wasn't exactly toasty during its break from the region, since 14 is the highest temp we've seen in weeks and then, with a cold that negated any solar heating) and hours spent trying to extricate both our vehicles from ditched left my hands (not to mention other parts of my anatomy) cracked, bleeding, and about as painful as possible. (Yes, I was properly dressed but when it's below zero with a 40 mph wind coming from the frigid north, there IS no proper protection from the cold).

Typing has been agony, so I've done only what was absolutely required elsewhere.

However, the hands are finally starting to heal, so expect a core dump of posts later today/tonight since too much is going on to be silent.