5.19.2006

A Point of Clarification

I happened to notice yesterday that Cathy Resmer posting at 7D blogs noted my blog along others as taking as cement truth a claim that Karl Rove had been indicted. Uh... go back and look at my minimal posting at the time and I don't think that's what I posted. I said that's what TruthOut claimed. Nor did she note the followup I did on why some are questioned the TruthOut claim.

Unfortunately, Ms. Resmer has done these blog roundups before that seem either a bit sloppy or that she didn't quite bother to read what she's commenting upon, which has made me less interested in reading her actual "news" articles. Unlike Cathy, although I probably possess far more journalistic credentials than she does, I make it rather clear that I do not post here as a journalist but as a citizen.

Her roundups of what's being said in Vermont blogs tend to be only so useful; there really aren't so many blogs in the state that people so inclined cannot find out for themselves. When the depiction is inaccurate, it's even less useful. Another Vermont blogger - who has taken issue with some of Ms. Resmer's posts in the past - dropped me a note yesterday noting some rather uncharitable reasons for why he believes Ms. Resmer may do this sort of thing from time to time. But I'm willing to believe it's just a lack of care, which sounds a bit like she was implying I had committed in posting (simply) that someone else said Rove was indicted.

Glass houses and rocks are a real bitch. Cough. So, too, can unchecked egos of fish in small ponds.