8.06.2005

Novak's Other Bizarre Outburst

The Carpetbagger Report bring us this:

Clearly, Bob Novak's temper-tantrum was one of the more bizarre spectacles we've seen on CNN in a while, but as my friend Phil noted this morning, it wasn't the only odd thing Novak said yesterday.
    Host Ed Henry: [Rep. Katherine] Harris is blaming unnamed newspapers for tarnishing her image by doctoring her makeup with Photoshop. — that computer program. Bob Novak, have you been investigating this make-up story?

    Novak: No, but I've had the same experience that she did. A lot of my trouble in the world is that they've doctored my make-up and colorized me in a lot of newspapers on my picture. So, I sympathize with her.

    Henry: This is breaking news. I've haven't heard this.

    James Carville: Breaking news. Who did it? What paper?

    Novak: Well, I don't. I can't tell you.
There was no indication he was kidding. Novak wasn't smiling.

So, here we have a veteran political journalist, who's been in DC for decades, telling a national television audience that other journalists have conspired against him to manipulate photographs to make him look unattractive. Indeed, as far as Novak is concerned, this alleged history of photo manipulation accounts for "a lot of [his] trouble in the world."