7.11.2005

To Vermonters: VPIRG

Tonight as I prepared dinner, a young woman came by the house who was representing VPIRG - Vermont's leading watchdog and advocacy group (founded in 1972) - who is fighting the good fight for alternative power, against dirty power.

Now, money is ungodly tight right now and it's hard to make any kind of financial commitment.

BUT.... I do believe in putting my resources (money, time, other tangibles) where my small-sized but quite voluminous mouth is.

We know how much this administration is killing anything that looks at that which is not fossil fuel and pollution based. We know that the air quality in the state of Texas went downhill dramatically just during the 5 years of so of Bush as governor.

So I signed up to give a few bucks a month to help the cause. If I can do it, I bet most others can, too. It's an important cause, they're doing good work, and it's money well spent within our home state.