11.19.2004

Rendered Mute

I have to admit that I feel a little like I'm going through shell shock, and part of the reason I haven't posted.

Bush's new cabinet in which he promoted friends and incompetents who should have had their asses fired rather than their lips kissed (what was that with all the Bush kissing this week? I don't recall him ever kissing Ashcroft on the lips).

The religious right wants all abortion stopped; they don't want to "dialog". Hell, I think most of us would like to see abortion end, as in no unwanted pregnancies. But these are the same people who want to teach faith-based pregnancy prevention based on abstinence and ignorance. No contraception. No choice. Funny, I don't hear these men (and they're mostly men) suggesting the fathers of such babies should be pressed to contribute.

We're now making noise about Iran that sounds word for word like our talk about Iraq. Having Colin Powell come out today to cite the danger only reminded me of his "killer" report before the U.N. Security Council that turned out to be lies and spin.

Margaret Hassan's incredibly unnecessary death - a woman who opposed our sanctions, opposed our war, and yet still was put to death.

Congress happily raising the debt limit to record levels while also making certain that Tom DeLay can run everything even when he's consigned to hell.

Imus and company calling the Palestinians pigs and animals.

Oh yeah, and there are still a lot of questions about the election. Not that most seem to care.