9.26.2004

Non-stop Hurricane

I've been trying to resist the temptation to watch this non-stop hurricane coverage tonight, and that's been hard considering I was also tempted to bet money on how long it would take Anderson Cooper and Gary Tuchman to blow away in the wind.

Ironically, just on CNN and just today alone, they have spent more time talking about the hurricane than they have EVER spent at any time on the subjects of global warming, what really happened in the Florida 2000 Election, who outed Valerie Plame, and why going into Iraq was wrong COMBINED.

Meanwhile, however, Bush will schedule yet ANOTHER trip to Florida (he's been there 4-5 times in as many weeks, while I believe there are blue states he has been in no more than once in his entire "I'm not the Republican president, I'm the American president" presidency.

Hmm... you know, if Anderson Cooper blows into the weather guy one more time, I think they'll have to get married. But not in Florida, of course.