9.14.2004

Do You Want to Prove We're Cowboy Lunatics?

Chris Matthews on Hardball (of ALL PPEOPLE), talking to Seymour Hersch just now, raises an interesting point.

Right now, the rest of the world feels like America is going down a really, really, really bad road, but it's not so much that the American people are wrong, it's just that they have a cowboy lunatic meglomaniac as president and he's the real horror.

BUT, if we re-elect Bush, we prove they're wrong. In other words, prove we're all just as blind, brutish, and callow as our president.

I happen to agree with a lot of the rest of the world (I know, some of you will want to stone me. I'm sorry you feel that way, because I don't want to stone you even though I disagree with you). I do not want to re-elect Mr. Bush or prove them wrong. The America I thought I lived in is better than the last four years have devolved us into. We need change. Fast. Not through anarchy. Through free elections where vote are cast by informed people.