8.24.2004

The SnotFest Lives On

Actually, no, I'm not talking about the Swift Boat Vets ads. (Cough)

If you notice a certain sense of rushing here recently, or just empty-headedness, I plead guilty. I'm about to start my fifth straight week of miserable respiratory infection gone amok and my brain, apparently slogged with snot, refuses to function.

Ironically enough, the more stupid I get, the more work I have to do. I've been blessed by a tsunami of assignments, all of them huge, all of them do yesterday, all of them detailed as hell. But you know you've been sick too long when you craft a database backed by data on facial tissues and decongestant tablets. (Achoo!)

So you'll just have to bear with me. If you don't, I'll be forced to hunt you down and breathe upon you. And you don't want that. Not with my breath. Not that I can smell my breath, of course. I lost my hearing and sense of smell some time ago. (Lord love a duck.)

Chloroseptic, anyone? It goes great with cheese.