7.05.2005

Oh, I Dunno... I Think Bob Would Look Positively Divine in an Orange Jumpsuit

and becoming the homely-ass bitch of someone named Reggie in prison.

From the Sun-Times, which I believe runs Bob's lame column:

I just can't figure it out. Why in the world is New York Times reporter Judith Miller headed to jail next week while my Sun-Times colleague Robert Novak is not? Why is a reporter who has written not one single word about a CIA operative about to be sent to the federal slammer while another reporter, the one who actually broke the story, isn't in similar trouble?

Don't get me wrong. I like and respect Bob Novak and don't want to ever see him in an orange jump suit. Or think about him being strip-searched upon intake to federal prison. Then again, I never even met Judith Miller, and I don't want that happening to her, either.

I called Novak in Washington Thursday to see if he could help me make sense of all this. "I can't say anything," he said, citing advice of counsel and the pending federal investigation.

It is encouraging to finally have the media - finally asking why Bob is so silent. Perhaps next, they'll actually wonder out loud if Rove lied (constantly).