1.30.2007

Not Exactly Political But Damned Interesting: Stone Age Village Uncovered at Stonehenge

Damn, this is interesting:

Archeological dig in England uncovers houses where hundreds of people lived during Stone Age.
Mind you, I'm deep into Arnold C. Brackman's (my late journalism prof's) "The Dream of Troy" about Heinrich Schliemann's (successful) efforts to uncover the city of Troy which many of his time were sure was solely a fictional invention of Homer and those who believed thought was located in another place altogether from where it indicators were ultimately found.

[And no, it's not my usual reading material, but I'm been going back and forth between this, some material from heretofore unpublished "gospels" of the Bible, (separately) a great book about Jesus called "Lamb" by Christopher Moore, AND I'm working trying to learn some Hebrew (which sucks as you might expect from a shiksa), which is different from the 100 or so Yiddish words I know.]