3.06.2006

Correction: CentCom Does NOT Send Love Letters

I posted something last night about CentCom contacting some bloggers. And, being me - no, really, I can be sarcastic sometimes, honestly - I closed by mentioning that I had not been the recipient of any love letters from CentCom.

Well, it turns out, CentCom sent me a note today to clarify that CentCom does NOT send love letters (I was so relieved - imagine how the defense budget would soar if it did!).

----- Original Message -----
From: Flowers, SPC Claude W. (USA)
To: EdBlog
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 7:19 PM
Subject: CENTCOM website

Hi, Katharine:

Sorry to disappoint, but CENTCOM doesn't send love letters.

What we have been doing is reaching out to bloggers to let them know that we have a webpage (http://www.centcom.mil). Since so many sites (such as yours) are focusing on the Global War on Terrorism, we've been trying to tailor the content of our own site to make it one of the informational resources that folks can avail themselves of. We've been progressively expanding the scope of CENTCOM.mil over the past few months in an effort to make it better.

I don't know if you've paid the site a visit, but it features news, photos, audio and video from Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, all of which you are free to use. There's also a weekly electronic newsletter and monthly Coalition Bulletin which I can sign you up for, if you want.

If you could add a link to CENTCOM on your blogroll, that would be terrific (It'd certainly help spread the word). In any event, hopefully it's got some stuff that's of interest.

SPC C. Flowers
CENTCOM Public Affairs

Anyhoo, yes, SPC Flowers, I would be happy to give CentCom a link. Perhaps I can learn something from you, and you perhaps can learn something from me.

As long as we don't discuss Mr. Rumsfeld, you will find I can be downright civil and I haven't bitten anyone since.. wow.. maybe kindergarten. But then, I hear not everyone at CentCom worships at the altar of The Donald either.

But we won't talk about that. ;>